COMING TO THE EVENT BY CAR:
Use Great East Road to East Park Mall, we recommend using the back of the mall for parking. Alternatively, we advise using public transport, since there is not enough parking space available dedicated to the Lusaka Marathon event.
Note: If coming by public transportation
You need to ensure you arrive at the start line before 5:30 a.m. The race will start on time this Gun Timing.
The nearest bus stops for those coming from the West and north of public transportation are Millennium Bus Stop in town or Kamwala Bus Stop.
Saturday, December 9, 2023
- 05:30 AM 42km Full Marathon
- 05:45 AM 21km Half Marathon
- 06:00 AM 10km Road
- 06:15 AM 5km Health Walk/Run
Note: The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official race numbers can enter the start area. The start area will open at 05:00 a.m. You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed.
- Time limit: 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat)
- Participants, who are slower than the time limit of 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat) must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the sweeper vehicles/buses to the finish line.
Only participants who can prove to have finished the race over the finish mat will receive an official result and a medal.