The start and finish is located at Levy Business Park, in front of Zambia Central Police Station along Church Road.
Coming to the event by car
Use alternative roads and ensure you avoid Church Road Entrance to Levy Business Park Mall, we recommend using the back of the mall for parking. Alternatively, we advise using public transport, since there is not enough parking space available dedicated to the Lusaka Marathon event.
Note: If coming by public transportation
You need to ensure you arrive at the start line before 5:30 a.m. The race will start on time this Gun Timing.
The nearest bus stops for those coming from the West, North of public transportation are Millennium Bus Stop in town or Kamwala Bus Stop.
Saturday, November 11, 2022
- 05:30 a.m 42km Full Marathon
- 06:00 a.m 10km Road
- 06:15 a.m 5km Health Walk/Run
Note: The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official race numbers can enter the start area. The start area will open at 05:00 a.m. You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed.
- Time limit: 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat)
- Participants, who are slower than the time limit 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat) must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the sweeper vehicles/buses to the finish line.
Only participants who can prove to have finished the race over the finish mat will receive an official result and a medal.
* The schedule and running course are subject to change.
Timing Chip: how to wear it?
Each year we receive emails/messages from sad runners who can’t find their time in the results. That’s not on behalf of us nor in the runners ‘interest.
For this reason, we strongly recommend the following:-
- Wear the bib on your torso (chest).
- Do not fold or wrinkle the bib, the chip won’t register when you wrinkle it or fold it.
- The chip at the back of the bib should not be removed and should not come in contact with anything made out of metal
- To avoid transposed numbers: please compare the bib number collected and ensure it corresponds with what is on the website.
Please contact the support team if the numbers are NOT corresponding
- Prohibited articles in the start/finish area
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start/finish area of the event ground:
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons, or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs, or receptacles containing substances that are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans, or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, and boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder -bombs, or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and “double holders” (brought or approved flags and banners which have a “flame-retardant” material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
- Hydration systems
On the course, there are many refreshment stations but feel free to bring your personal hydration pack with your own beverage. Approved is the following equipment:
– Hydration pack or vest
- Back compartment with max 3 litres volume for a hydration pack
- front pockets for water bottles (max 0.5 litres each)
- Front pockets for small items (cell phone, keys, etc.)
– Drinking belt
- Compartments for water bottles (max. 0.5 litres each)
- Compartments for small materials (cell phones, keys, etc.)
Refill options for the hydration packs are installed at each refreshment station
Backpacks and vests of all kinds with pockets/compartments with a volume greater than 3 litres are not allowed.
- Changing tents and Convenient Rooms
Changing tents are available at the venue while Convenient Rooms are available at the Levy Business Park Mall, and mobile toilets are available along the 42k course.
- May I wear headphones?
We would like to ask that you not wear headphones so that you can understand anything that other runners or volunteers might say to you. You would also be missing out on the remarkable sounds of the spectators and live bands.
- Hygiene and distance rules
The existing hygiene and distance rules will be adapted according to the legal requirements. KEEP LUSAKA CLEAN!